Thursday 17 November 2016

Key Covers Design Development

Key covers from Google Search
Usually, Key covers are designed for a certain size of keys. Therefore, I want to design a key cover which can fit to a range of key sizes.


I have to know the width and length of different size of keys first, so I asked some of my classmates to compare their keys.



My classmate's and my keys
As you can see there are different shapes, sizes of keys.

I made a note of what I have found from these keys and I am going to explain more about it.

My note






















I found out that there are two main differences from the top of keys:


1. Different shapes
They have several shapes like circle, square, and hexagon.


2. Different sizes and positions of the hole
Some of them place the hole in the middle of the top, some of them place it in top right hand side.
I may design a hole on the top of key cover, since the hole on the key is placed in different position.


As I have mentioned, I would like to design a key cover which can fit into a range of key sizes. Therefore, I measure the sizes of those keys. Then, I found that the width of the top of key are usually about 2-2.5cm and the length of that is approximately 1.5-2.5cm. For the width of the middle of the key is about 1 cm.


So now I have to think about how to design a key cover which can fit to this range of key sizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Show: In-class Activity (Watercolour)

I told Tom about the idea I have been explaining in last post, he encouraged me to present it to the whole team. They like my idea, and we ...