Wednesday 16 November 2016

My Reflection Based on the Comments I Received

After receiving the feedback from my classmates and teachers, there are several things I have to improve:

For the website,
1.Write more details about myself and post something about my major project
I am going to improve my biography by adding more details about myself and the reasons I would like to be a product designer. Meanwhile, I should speed up, so I can post some pictures about my major project on my website.
2. Add a title for Home Page and change the text size
As the text size of "product design student" is a bit small, change it bigger would be better. I am thinking to change the font too, in order to make the website look better. Also, my teacher said I should add a title to my website, so the visitors know my identity and progression route easily.


For my major project,
1. Try to do research about existing products as much as I can
Although I did some research about visually impairment and some existing products, I better do even more, in order to find more inspiration to make my design better.
2. Think about presentation of my products
My teacher suggested me to think about my target market, they may not be visually impaired people only, perhaps it can be someone buy them as a gift or non-disabled people can use them too. Besides that, I should think about whether they are going to be sold as a series or separately. It is a good question I have to think about, as I did not think about the packaging of my products and how am I going to sell them. I will make a decision as soon as possible, and I will update my process and idea development on my blog.
3. Manage my time properly
As I am still in the stage of drawing graphs, I better catch up the speed and go to the next stage. I am going to finish my graphs and post them on my blog in 2 days. Then, I would go to Leicester market search for materials today. Time is running short, I better get my final pieces done as soon as possible.


For my blog,
1. Change the background
I should change the background to something related to product design, such as sketching of products.
2. Put more pictures about major project
It would be better to add more pictures to show my working process, as it would be more interesting and easier to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Show: In-class Activity (Watercolour)

I told Tom about the idea I have been explaining in last post, he encouraged me to present it to the whole team. They like my idea, and we ...