Friday 11 November 2016

Learn How to Use Photoshop

As I have to use Adobe Photoshop CC to create design boards for my major project, I have to learn some basic skills about it.

I am going to watch some tutorial videos provided by Adobe on the Learn & Support page.  Today I decided to watch Create your first design and I will try once on my own. I will post every process on this post. 
I seldom use Photoshop, so I do not know much about it. I want to start with learning how to work with layers.

First of all, I have to find one textile picture and one wallet picture from Google Search for testing.

Source:
Picture of Wallet
Picture of Textile



I opened three files, one is an A4 blank page and the other two are the pictures I need. 

Then, I duplicate the images to the A4 file. I found that the pictures are too small, so I changed their size. 

Now I have three layers. The 'leather' layer must be under the 'wallet' layout.


Right click the layer I want to duplicate




As the background of 'Wallet' layer is white, it completely covers the 'Leather' layer. I have to   change its opacity. I found that 55% is the best effect I want.


Changing the opacity

Now I am erasing the leather which is out of the wallets. 


I changed the size of the eraser.

I have to zoom in so I can look at the detail parts and do better.
This is how it looks like.

I want to add grey and orange colour to the zipper, so I am going to create a new layer which is below the "Leather" layer.
The final piece

I found it is very useful for me, especially I have to design my products with two materials. It would help the reader understand about my design. The problem is whether I should scan my sketching to the computer and do Photoshop or draw my design with Digital drawing tablet. Since I have no experience of using Digital drawing tablet, it would be challenging and time-consuming. With no doubt, it would be better to use Digital drawing tablet, but I need to make a better time management.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Show: In-class Activity (Watercolour)

I told Tom about the idea I have been explaining in last post, he encouraged me to present it to the whole team. They like my idea, and we ...