Sunday 27 November 2016

Theme: Blue & Green

Not only the visually impaired people are my target market, but also the others can find them useful. I would like to sell my products in a collection, so I give a theme of blue and green which means all my products are going to be either green or blue colours only.

The reason I pick blue and green colour is they represent the nature. When we talk about the environment, the first two colours pop up in our minds would usually be these two. Green are plants and blue is sky and sea. These two colours make the products more lively and pleasant.


Source 1

Source 2

The other reason is that colour affects our emotions. According to colour effects, blue is a colour of the mind and makes people feel calm and think of efficiency. "Soft blues will calm the mind and aid concentration." and green is peace, environmental awareness and harmony. Regarding a text from American Psychological Association, colour hue, saturation, brightness leads to emotional reactions. Green and blue are the colour hues were the most pleasant. I would like to bring a positive feeling to the costumers' emotions. Also, it can attract more people to buy it as the colour gives them a positive feeling and mood.

It is so interesting to know more about how colours related to our emotions. There are two more articles I have looked at, I found they are interesting and useful. They are 10 ways colours affect your mood and Color Psychology: Does It Affect How You Feel? - the former talks about which colour is better for certain situation, and the latter tells more about the colour psychology.

Actually, green and blue colours are quite popular. They fit both males and females. You can find these two colours in many popular products, such as Fitbit watch, Apple Watch and iPhone case.


Apple Watch
fitbit charge 2
iPhone 7 Silicone Case

Personally, I like green and blue these two colours. Most of my products are either blue or green. Therefore, I want to make this as my symbol, once people see a collection of green and blue, they would think of me.


Source: 
[1] Nature picture 1
[2] Nature picture 2
[3] Colour effects- Psychological Properties of Colours
[4] PsycNET- Effects of colour on emotions
[5] Fitbit Official Webpage
[6] Apple Store- iPhone 7 Silicone Case

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Show: In-class Activity (Watercolour)

I told Tom about the idea I have been explaining in last post, he encouraged me to present it to the whole team. They like my idea, and we ...