Monday 21 November 2016

Key Covers (1)

I am now designing key covers, I will post all the process in this post. To begin with key drawing, I found a picture on the Internet, as I am not familiar to draw on a digital drawing tablet, it would be better for me to draw a key based on the real object picture.

Source: Key
The picture I found on the Internet
 Then I created three layers: "Layer 1", "Key pic" and "background". I duplicate the key picture from another file to here and rotate the image to vertical.

Next, I am drawing the outline of the key on Layer 1.



As you can see, I am drawing the outline.
I found it is very difficult to draw a straight line, especially I seldom use a digital tablet.


After drawing the outline, I am going to paint it. I paint the background colour first. Then I started to work with the shadow. In order to make it looks more natural, I change the opacity. Higher opacity, darker is it.





I started adding shadow.
Finished drawing the key.
Although it looks simple, it took me more than 3 hours to get it finished. Now I am going to save this as a picture, so I will be designing the key cover with this key drawing.

1 comment:

  1. This post shows the process very detail. I understand well your process :)

    ReplyDelete

Final Show: In-class Activity (Watercolour)

I told Tom about the idea I have been explaining in last post, he encouraged me to present it to the whole team. They like my idea, and we ...