Monday 21 November 2016

A Short Post about How do I Practice Using Drawing Tablet

Recently, I am trying to use the Photoshop tools to paint a human face. I found out that I can use eyedropper tool to find the exact colour of the original picture. So I mainly use eyedropper tool and brush to paint my friend's face.


Eyedropper Tool
Brush Tool
First of all, I use several layers and put the original picture at the bottom. I draw the outline of his face first.

Then, I start to use eyedropper tool to get the original colour and paint it in another layer. When I get the colour from the original picture, I will draw the outline of a colour zone, then I will hide the layer of the original picture, then fill in the colour zone. Sometimes, I have to zoom in so as to paint the details.

After doing the same steps repeatedly, you can see his face are painted in many small different colour zones.

It shows the layer of my painting and the original picture.

Sometimes I have to look at the original picture, as it is so hard to paint above it.
The most difficult part is his hair. It is hard to paint above the original picture, so I have to paint it first, and do the details by looking at the original picture.


Sometimes it doesn't really look good when you zoom in and look at the specific part of it.

However, it looks much better when you zoom out till its original size.


Although it hasn't finished, I found this skill is quite useful for my major project as I can paint my products based on the real object to make my drawing realistic. I continue the painting when I want to take a break from doing homework, I have spent approximately 10 hours on it in total. Now I am working with my final piece of Major project, I will be updating my process today.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Show: In-class Activity (Watercolour)

I told Tom about the idea I have been explaining in last post, he encouraged me to present it to the whole team. They like my idea, and we ...