Thursday 17 November 2016

Practice How To Use Digital Drawing Tablet

This summer I bought a Wacom Intuos Pro Medium Digital Drawing Tablet in Hong Kong. However, I do not know how to use it. Now I am going to practice and explore more about in on Photoshop.

In the beginning, I had no idea how to draw something with Photoshop. Then my friend showed me that it can be changed to "Painting" mode on the right top button.

Then there are lots of different brushes shown in the right column. 




On the right top
As there is an option for you to choose whether you want to use the function of "pressure sensitivity". It is a function to change the darkness and thickness of the lines by pressing harder or gently. 
You can find the button on the left of the bar on the top.


You can see the difference between on or off the function on the right-hand side.

The upper one, which is without the function, has a darker colour and in one darkness, vice versa.

Since I do not need the function yet, I turned it off. Then I created a new layer for key and one for key cover.



Key
After drawing a key, I draw the key cover in another layer and put on some grey colour with the "pressure sensitivity" function.
Key with the key cover
Although I still have not get used to drawing on a tablet, I found it is easier than I expected. I thought it would be so hard to use the drawing tablet, but I believe that I can get up after practice more. There are lots of different functions I have to explore. I will keep posting my process and practice here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Show: In-class Activity (Watercolour)

I told Tom about the idea I have been explaining in last post, he encouraged me to present it to the whole team. They like my idea, and we ...