Sunday 13 November 2016

Materials

For Key Covers

I need a material which is elastic, so it won't be easily broken. At the same time, it has to be easy to clean, as the users are going to touch the braille letters on the key covers all the time. The first material pops up in my mind is the one on my phone case. My phone case is made by silicon, which has a smooth texture.

In order to know more about silicon, I have searched a video called "How to make an Silicone Phone Case". It shows we can mix some construction silicone with a little potato starch to make a DIY phone case. The result is the silicone phone case is very elastic.

The video I have mentioned, you can see how elastic it is.

For Watch & Wallet

I have thought about using silicone to make the watchband, however, it is not the best idea. Considering people would sweat a lot in summer, silicone may not be comfortable to wear. Now, I think leather may be a better choice for watchband or even wallet.

I am going to search different kinds of leathers, and see which one is easier to clean and more comfortable. I will go to Leicester Market to seek for different textiles and leathers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Show: In-class Activity (Watercolour)

I told Tom about the idea I have been explaining in last post, he encouraged me to present it to the whole team. They like my idea, and we ...