Tuesday 18 October 2016

Indivual project



At the beginning, I drew a mind map to brainstorm some ideas on my individual project. It must be something related to my future study, Product Design. 

Video [1]
One of the major reasons I want to design products for impaired is I watched this video a year ago. She is a product design student at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University. The project she was doing is very impressive. As I always want to create something to make the life convenient and more interesting, and she even cares about different groups of people, not only for the majority. She designed a wallet for visually impaired people to identify banknotes.
Video [2]


Therefore, I wanted to design some products for impaired, especially for vision impairment, I wish I can make a wallet even better or convenient from hers. However, I had no idea of how can my project be related to digital arts.

Then, I talked to my teachers, and they gave me some directions and suggestions. They told me that it is not necessary to be 10 different products, but they can be the same products with different colours. As I am going to make a series of products for visually impaired, I may create 4-5 products with at least 2 different materials. They all are accessories, such as wallet and bag.

In this week, I am going to search more information about vision impairment and accessory designers for inspirations and reference. 

Sources:
Both of them have English subtitle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Show: In-class Activity (Watercolour)

I told Tom about the idea I have been explaining in last post, he encouraged me to present it to the whole team. They like my idea, and we ...