Monday 17 October 2016

Reflection on Advertisement Project

Reflection after doing this project:

It is our first time using Photoshop, I found it is hard to make it look as good as the professional one. We did our best to make it more realistic by softening the outline of the white area. This project provides me a great chance to work with Photoshop, and know a bit more about it. Photoshop is still fresh and new to me, in order to get more familiar with Photoshop, I need to watch some videos on YouTube, and to self-learn how to function the Photoshop and other software, such as Adobe Illustration. It is compulsory for me to learn these computer skills as I have to use them in my future study or even my job. To be well-prepared for the further study, I better learn how to use the digital drawing tablet and software by practicing more.


After doing the presentation, I think there are three major things I have to improve:

1. Photoshop skill
The edges of the model and the white area are not natural and realistic at all. Some of my classmates said it has a clear message, though the Photoshop is not good enough. It is vital to have a strong theme and message behind the work, however, how do you present the theme or message is also important. It is necessary to do more practice and watch more tutorial lessons about Photoshop and other software.

2. Presentation skill
Regarding the comments from my classmates, many of them have mentioned that our presentation is quite poor. The main reason is I did not prepare well for the presentation. However, I need to have good presentation skills to introduce my products to others in the future. I should not read from the notes I have written, and not to speak in one tone. I can do some rehearsals in advance of presenting to others, so it would be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Show: In-class Activity (Watercolour)

I told Tom about the idea I have been explaining in last post, he encouraged me to present it to the whole team. They like my idea, and we ...